As the global exhibition industry bounces back after a period of discontinuity, favorable winds are blowing for China’s textile and apparel market. Retail sales of clothing, shoes, hats, and textiles leapt 10.2% year-on-year in 2023, signaling a strong consumer appetite. According to the same source, garment exports are also projected to rebound in 2024, boosting overall economic growth. Amidst these positive indicators, major suppliers have already signed on to participate at the upcoming Spring Edition, to be held from 6 – 8 March 2024 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
With encouraging market signs setting the stage for next year’s show, over 3,000 exhibitors will fill seven halls spanning 190,000 sqm, ensuring a comprehensive showcase of the latest fabrics, yarns, and manufacturing technologies. With major industry players set to showcase products along fashion’s entire value chain, buyers can kick off next year’s trade fair season with abundant international and domestic sourcing opportunities at the global apparel flagship.
Many exhibitors note that Intertextile Apparel’s emphasis on attracting quality buyers significantly contributes to its standing as a premier industry event. At the previous Spring Edition, Mr Guang Hao Zheng from R&D Textile, Korea, commented: “We join every edition of Intertextile Apparel because of its broad customer base and exceptional organisation. Our main goal this time was to reach our domestic buyers, especially workwear manufacturers. We also met customers from Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Europe, and we have already received orders on the first day. After China opened its borders, we saw an increase in customer enquiries, and this is good for our brand recognition.”
At next year’s fair, a blend of suppliers showcasing various textiles, accessories and solutions, and encompassing categories such as sustainable, functional, and premium, will look to take advantage of China’s anticipated market growth. Featured exhibitors include:
- Eastman Chemical (China) Co Ltd (USA): operating in more than 100 countries and regions, Eastman is a specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products. At the fair, the company will showcase its circularity through its Naia™ Renew cellulosic fibres.
- Erteks Grup Tekstil A.Ş (Türkiye): a renowned weaving and garment manufacturer, Erteks produces a range of premium lace fabrics. At their SalonEurope booth, visitors can expect to source products such as embroidered, guipure and sequin-embellished lace.
- FIDLOCK (Germany): showcasing at Accessories Vision, their product range includes hook-and-loop and snap fasteners, designed for various applications such as collars, pockets, belts, and more. FIDLOCK offers innovative magnetic-mechanical fasteners for a range of apparel and textiles, from swimming trunks and fashion garments, to watch straps and motorbike jackets.
- Hong Kong Yifang Textile Co Ltd (Hong Kong): specialising in high-end cotton development and production, the company offers value-added knit and woven fabrics, and collaborates extensively with reputable fashion houses including Croquis, Exception, Icicle, JNBY, Marisfrolg, MO&Co., Simple Living, ZUCZUG, and more.
- Grasim Industries Ltd (India): known for producing viscose, diversified chemicals, linen yarn, and textiles across India, Grasim – the country’s biggest manufacturer of viscose filament yarn (VFY) – will showcase their portfolio comprising viscose, modal, lyocell, and FSC-accredited sustainable fibres.
- Liberty Fabric Ltd (UK): Liberty Fabric will be presenting a variety of products, ranging from fine tuned Tana Lawn™ cotton to luxurious silk and lightweight linen fabrics. Their in-house team designs the patterns, which are then printed at their mill in northern Italy, blending both innovative digital technology and traditional techniques.
Exhibitors to welcome wide variety of buyers
With numerous textile suppliers coming together in one place, next year’s show is set to continue attracting high-quality buyers from around the world. In a move set to further increase the show’s internationality, China recently announced that it will offer visa-free entry for business and leisure travellers from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Malaysia.
Speaking at the previous edition, Ms Rinoa Zong from Testex (Shanghai) Textile Testing, noted her satisfaction with the quality and diversity of visitors: “Intertextile Apparel is Asia’s largest trade fair, with high internationality and a strong industry influence. The organisers did a very good job in gathering professional, high-quality buyers, and there is no other trade fair that can replace this. We were one of the early birds regarding sustainability testing for textiles, and we are ecstatic that more consumers are requesting transparency, resulting in more companies increasing their sustainability efforts.”
As the apparel fair is held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition, Yarn Expo Spring, CHIC and PH Value, the entire textile value chain can be found under one roof, providing an extended platform for business networking opportunities.
The fair is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition will be held from 6 – 8 March 2024.