With the extensive S/S sourcing event taking place from 8 – 10 March 2023, the organizers are pleased with the number of quality exhibitors that have already signed up. “Several key indicators are pointing towards market recovery, and the early commitment of some of the international textile industry’s key players is another promising sign. As an important platform for the sector to showcase its latest innovations, we expect the business-friendly nature of the fair to further support the market’s revival,” commented Ms. Wilmet Shea, Deputy General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd.
With many countries opening up, the first seven months of this year have proven fruitful for the Asian textile industry. During January – July 2022, China’s exports of textiles and clothing rose by 16.4% when compared with the same period in 2021, from USD 160.9 to 187.4 billion. This rise is concurrent with increased exports in this sector for several other Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) nations, including Japan and South Korea.
World-renowned brands with sustainable offerings confirm participation
Suppliers at the Spring Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics will be well-placed to benefit from market growth. The fair is expected to gather nearly 2,500 exhibitors to over 160,000 sqm of floor space at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai). A growing number have already booked their place, with several highlighted below:
- Alumo AG, Switzerland – exhibiting at SalonEurope, the Swiss manufacturer will be showcasing its renewably sourced, extra-long-staple cotton fabrics, used in the production of quality shirts. Alumo AG prides itself on its sustainable practices, and the company and its suppliers are compliant with ZDHC MRSL and are OEKO-TEX STeP certified.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation, Japan – visitors will be able to find Asahi Kasei in the International Hall, where the company will be exhibiting Bemberg, its regenerated cellulose fibre. Produced from cottonseed lint, a by-product of cottonseed oil production, the environmentally friendly fibre is recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable.
- Bossa Ticaret Ve Sanayi Isletmeleri TAS, Türkiye – Bossa will be showcasing its range of quality denim fabrics at Beyond Denim. Produced mostly with cotton from the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), the company’s fabrics are dyed using the SaveBlue process, which uses 87.5% less water than conventional methods.
- Concordia Textiles NV, Belgium – the integrated textiles manufacturer will be situated at SalonEurope and will offer products with a range of end uses, in categories such as workwear, fashion, and bedding. Their products comply with both REACH and OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 and are in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Esquel Enterprises Limited, Hong Kong – Esquel produces accessories, yarns, fabrics, and finished garments, for categories that range from menswear to home textiles. The company’s array of eco-friendly practices includes more sustainable packaging, developing a greener cotton seed variety, and a pioneering sustainable manufacturing facility in Guilin.
- Framis Italia HK Ltd, Hong Kong – the provider of quality, fully integrated heat-bonding applications will be exhibiting at Accessories Vision. With a wide-ranging approach to bonding technology, the company will be showcasing a number of products at the fair, most notably RIO, the water-based, solvent-free tape and film.
Other prominent suppliers will be spread throughout the fair’s specialized zones, which include Accessories Vision, All About Sustainability, Beyond Denim, Digital Printing Zone, Functional Lab, Premium Wool Zone, SalonEurope, and Verve for Design.
In addition to crossing paths with exhibitors at the fairground, participants can make use of online business matching services, including Connect PLUSand one-to-one VIP buyer business matching. As the apparel fair is held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition, Yarn Expo Spring, CHIC, and PH Value, the entire textile value chain can be found under one roof, providing an extended platform for business networking opportunities.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition 2023 is co-organized by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com.